Twitterlog for October 19, 2007
Since I seem to have activated my away-from-home batsignal, here are the SMS messages I've sent to Twitter in the past 24 hours. My tweets are normally friends-only, but when I'm away from home they're usually more interesting than the usual 'OMG where's my tea?' claptrap, so I've written a script to post them publicly in batches once daily while I'm gone.
- 11:45 PM CDT: [cat.net] Twitterlog for October 18, 2007 - http://domesticat.net/node/1406
- 7:37 AM CDT: If we can just haul ourselves out of bed, we're off to the depths of Brooklyn for true NY-style pizza.
- 7:41 AM CDT: @gfmorris NWS keep firing those "Our radar swears there's a tornado, honest!" 'warnings'?
- 7:49 AM CDT: @gfmorris. Agreed. We've turned ours off at night to get sleep.
- 9:07 AM CDT: Man wearing 'Bada Bing!' shirt in Jersey. Insert punch line here.
- 9:20 AM CDT: And we're off to Brooklyn!
- 10:05 AM CDT: Food geek alert - just took a photo of Les Halles.
- 10:28 AM CDT: Oooh, Brooklyn Bridge in fog.
- 11:09 AM CDT: At Spumoni Gardens, reputedly home of some of the best 'pies' in NYC. I sense Soup Nazi.
- 11:44 AM CDT: Spumoni in Brooklyn. The wind kicks up, the leaves start falling, and someone turns on some Billy Joel. Postcard moment.
- 12:34 PM CDT: Having hot dogs and lemonade at Nathan's on Coney Island.
- 1:04 PM CDT: Coney Island adventuring called off due to heavy rain and soaked shoes.
- 2:42 PM CDT: Back at hotel, still drizzly & yucky. If your compass falls off, is it time to go home?
- 4:28 PM CDT: @gfmorris Damn, just got that tweet. That was perfect :)
- 4:32 PM CDT: @gfmorris Yep, that one. I'm at a computer in my hotel, surrounded by German tourists, and scanning for tweets I missed first go-round.
- 6:31 PM CDT: Veritas called. "We know it's your birthday. May we give you a longer dinner?" HELL YES.
- 9:47 PM CDT: We are tipsy and dinner was extraordinary. Know how hard that word is to type w/your thumbs when not sober?
- 11:01 PM CDT: Inaugurating my 30s while tipsy on extraordinary French wine. :)
- 11:07 PM CDT: @itarille We started early, as our bill from Veritas shows :)