Twitterlog for October 20, 2007
Since I seem to have activated my away-from-home batsignal, here are the SMS messages I've sent to Twitter in the past 24 hours. My tweets are normally friends-only, but when I'm away from home they're usually more interesting than the usual 'OMG where's my tea?' claptrap, so I've written a script to post them publicly in batches once daily while I'm gone.
- 8:32 AM CDT: The "Bad Idea Bears" almost talked us into sleeping in. But it's sunny, so we'll go to Ellis Island.
- 9:21 AM CDT: Just confirmed tix w/the Metropolitan Opera (omg omg omg etc)
- 9:22 AM CDT: @sargent Could you tell your brother I'm taking his advice and seeing Lucia?
- 9:54 AM CDT: Slamtackled by guy wearing zombie mask in PATH terminal. Am ok, didn't steal anything. Creepy.
- 10:49 AM CDT: Bread & Pastry Cafe in Greenwich Village has 'chocolate mouse cake' - complete w/ears and tail
- 2:20 PM CDT: After getting stuck on stalled 1 train, skipped Statue of Liberty in hopes of going on the vertical tour of St. John's.
- 2:21 PM CDT: I stood on a cathedral buttress!
- 2:26 PM CDT: Eleven flights up with a flashlight to get there, btw. :)
- 2:40 PM CDT: At the 110th Station, hearing Worst Busker Ever torturing 'Kokomo' until it begs for death...
- 4:49 PM CDT: Picking up PATH by myself - it's time to go to the opera!
- 6:30 PM CDT: Oh my goodness, I'm at the opera and no one's had the sense to kick me out!
- 6:33 PM CDT: While looking at Pavarotti's costumes I realize I am SO blowing the age curve here!
- 6:59 PM CDT: Memo to man behind me: Be nice. I swapped seats so you could sit w/your wife. Your $ didn't buy you manners...
- 7:51 PM CDT: In front of me: Overenthusiastic Loud Clapping Woman. Loving the music, but not my seatmates.
- 9:07 PM CDT: 2nd intermission. Buckle up, kids, the Mad Scene is next!
- 9:21 PM CDT: @adamrg But do you still love the Huntsvegas crowd enough to keep us? *grin*
- 9:45 PM CDT: Just realized what's odd. NYC is such an ethnic mix, but I only see one non-white person in the Met tonight.
- 10:46 PM CDT: Listening to the sopranos in the audience hit high notes to cheer Natalie Dessay.
- 10:50 PM CDT: Watching the crowd clear at the Met and thinking that as birthdays go, this was extraordinary.
- 10:51 PM CDT: Here's to my thirties. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to catch the 1 to Christopher Street.