Arkansas, Day 0: Planes again?
Amy packs up, leaves Washington state, and flies to Arkansas. Culture shock in 3...2...1. 24 hours of travel tweets.
- 10:44 PM PT: The last night of the Seattle trip ends as my friendship with @adamrg began - with music.
- 7:00 AM PT: Packed up. Wistful. It'll be a gorgeous day in WA today. Tomorrow's high in Little Rock? 100.
- 7:09 AM PT: @Itarille thanks. It'll be a looong flight today.
- 9:24 AM PT: "Dress for where you're going, not for where you are." (All packed and ready to go to the airport.)
- 10:56 AM PT: Line very long for Northwest. About 50-80 people ahead of me.
- 11:25 AM PT: Checked in at last. Now to das Securitat!
- 11:44 AM PT: In line for udon noodles before boarding. I will miss easy access to ethnic food. (sigh)
- 11:55 AM PT: @gfmorris I'm ready to see friends, too. I'm game for Thai on Tuesday.
- 12:07 PM PT: Thank you, Seattle. NW 980 and I have a date in Memphis in 6 hours.
- 4:36 PM PT: @bellesouth Hey - I'm in Little Rock tonight but no car, if you're in central AR
- 4:40 PM PT: Hooray. Memphis. Does this mean I can get away from shrieking baby and Tourette's guy? O.on
- 5:34 PM PT: On plane to Little Rock. Nervous does NOT cover this. Even the nervous butterflies are staggering like drunks.
- 5:42 PM PT: I adapted to WA more than I realized. The Memphis accents sound strange to my ears.
- 6:40 PM PT: Oh fuck me, I just got pimp-slapped by the heat in LR.
- 6:47 PM PT: @bellesouth we are likely to be here through Sunday am. Mom gets married tomorrow. We'll have a car as of tomorrow as well
- 7:50 PM PT: In hotel near Little Rock airport. Going through a nasty case of culture shock.
- 9:09 PM PT: Verbal rules for tomorrow: no geekspeak, no 'win,' no 'fail,' and most importantly, don't fucking swear.