Hawaii twitterlog for Saturday, October 25, 2008
Jeff and I are in Hawaii visiting Brad and Alice for our birthdays. Here's what I've been up to:
- 7:19 AM HT: Last morning in Hawaii. Lying in bed, listening to the rain hit the roof, wondering if we should buy more cookies before we leave Hilo.
- 9:15 AM HT: Packed. Leaving in 45 minutes for one last day of sightseeing -- and beach time! -- before heading to Kona for Flight Night From Hell.
- 11:12 AM HT: Waiting for a macadamia nut smoothie. Ooh, scratch that, here it is.
- 12:30 PM HT: Just experienced malasadas at Tex. Mmm. Portuguese pastries. (burp)
- 1:27 PM HT: Yes, I am spending my final Hawaii day on the beach. Yes, I am aware you hate me. It's okay.
- 2:31 PM HT: Had to turn over to make sure both sides were evenly baked. Mustn't have half-toasted, half-raw domesticat.
- 3:23 PM HT: Heading to Kona. My lips taste of seawater, and there's sand in my shoes.
- 4:13 PM HT: At oceanside restaurant, watching waves crash on rocks and waiting for mai tais.
- 8:02 PM HT: Through security in Kona.
- 8:20 PM HT: My bag, after coffee, fabric, wine, and mac nut purchases? 49lbs even. One more pound and American would've penalized me. Maximization WIN.
- 9:25 PM HT: On plane #1 of 3. Yaaaaawn. See you on the mainland.